Criminal Defense Attorney in Norwalk, CT Defending Your Violent Crime Case
Violent crime lawyer with a reputation for high-quality criminal defense
The way an attorney approaches a violent crime case depends largely on the type of crime allegedly committed. At the Law Offices of John P. Thygerson, LLC, we have more than 20 years of experience in defending Connecticut clients in a wide range of violent crime case types. We use our thorough knowledge of criminal law and our feisty approach to courtroom proceedings to clear your name and relieve you of the anxiety that comes with violent crime charges.
Representation for a variety of violent crime case types
Violent crime charges come in many different forms, each of which requires a different defense approach. Some common types of violent crime cases that our criminal law attorney handles include:
- Homicide. When one person kills another person, regardless of the circumstances involved in the situation
- Murder. The intentional killing of another person. Murder is divided into first and second degree. First-degree murder refers to a standard intentional murder, whereas second-degree murder refers to an unintentional killing of a person but in a situation where the alleged murderer showed a complete disregard for the victim’s life.
- Manslaughter. When one person unintentionally kills another person with reckless or negligent conduct
- Battery. When one person physically harms another person
- Assault. Often confused with battery, refers merely to the threat of battery or attempted battery without any actual physical harm or contact involved
- Domestic violence. Any violence that occurs between domestic partners such as a husband and wife or a boyfriend and girlfriend
- Rape. Forced sexual intercourse with another person or intercourse with a person that is deemed incapable of consent under the law. Statutory rape refers to sexual intercourse between an adult and a child under the age of 18.
The penalties for convictions in these crimes vary, but include prison time, fines, probation, community service and harsh parole terms. If you have further questions about the definitions of these case types or about how we can defend you from the charges levied against you, contact our criminal defense lawyer in Norwalk, CT.
Work with our Connecticut assault attorney for defense in your case
To schedule your free initial consultation, call the Law Offices of John P. Thygerson, LLC at 203.286.5690 or contact us online. With more than 20 years of experience, we have the knowledge necessary to preserve your future and keep your reputation and criminal record clean.
The Law Offices of John P. Thygerson, LLC is located in Norwalk Connecticut and serves clients throughout the State of Connecticut. The firm's practice involves the representation of individuals charged with criminal offenses in the Norwalk, Stamford, Bridgeport, Danbury, Milford, Meriden, Middletown, New Haven and Hartford Superior Courthouses as well as all District of Connecticut Federal Courthouses.