Norwalk, CT Attorney Representing People Charged with Theft
Our theft crime attorney defends you diligently in and out of court
When you are accused of any type of theft, you must contact a lawyer immediately. At The Law Offices of John P. Thygerson, LLC, we have more than 20 years of experience in defending people who are charged with theft crimes, which gives us a significant knowledge of criminal law and defense tactics, specifically knowing when to act and when to be still. We take pride in meticulous preparation for every single case, which enables us to enter the courtroom and confidently handle your case.
A property theft attorney handling a wide variety of theft cases
The legal definition of theft is any taking of property that belongs to another person without that person’s permission. In addition, the thief must have a clear intent to deprive the rightful owner of that property. The word “rightful” is important here, because if a person takes back their own property from another person without permission, it technically is not a theft crime.
The term “theft” is used in association with a large number of types of property crimes. Work with a Norwalk, CT criminal law attorney for defense in any of these types of theft cases, which include:
- Burglary. Illegally entering into a building with the intent to commit a crime. Successful property theft is not necessary in a burglary case, but the two types of crimes are often intertwined.
- Robbery. A type of theft that involves the taking (or attempted taking) of a person’s money or property with the use of fear or force. Robbery commonly involves the use of a deadly weapon.
- Embezzlement. A type of white collar crime that involves deliberately withholding assets for the purpose of theft. This act is also a form of fraud.
- Looting. Any theft of goods or money by force during a catastrophe or military action. Today, common occurrences of looting in the United States occur during riots or natural disasters.
- Shoplifting. Theft of merchandise from a retail store. Theft of cash from a retail store would be classified as general theft rather than shoplifting.
To learn more about the different kinds of theft and how we fight these types of charges, contact the Law Offices of John P. Thygerson, LLC today.
Seek the assistance of a Connecticut theft lawyer today
With more than 20 years of experience, our theft crime attorney at the Law Offices of John P. Thygerson, LLC has the knowledge needed to handle your case. To schedule your free initial consultation, call us at 203.286.5690 or contact us online. We look forward to meeting with you and beginning the process of fighting the charges against you.
The Law Offices of John P. Thygerson, LLC is located in Norwalk Connecticut and serves clients throughout the State of Connecticut. The firm's practice involves the representation of individuals charged with criminal offenses in the Norwalk, Stamford, Bridgeport, Danbury, Milford, Meriden, Middletown, New Haven and Hartford Superior Courthouses as well as all District of Connecticut Federal Courthouses.