Ratings & Reviews
I have known John Thygerson for many years and he has always been a warm, honest and hardworking individual. Importantly, Atty. Thygerson also has a great legal mind, which I've experienced first-hand while sitting in on several of his many...
I have known John Thygerson for many years and he has always been a warm, honest and hardworking individual. Importantly, Atty. Thygerson also has a great legal mind, which I've experienced first-hand while sitting in on several of his many trials. I have also witnessed John in court and have always been impressed with the way he handles the Judge, prosecutor and his clients. I am honored to have been asked by Martindale-Hubbell to provide an endorsement for John P. Thygerson.
Knowledgeable & capable.
John is an excellent advocate possessing the highest moral and ethical values.
I have know John Thygerson in a professional capacity for 14 years and he is an outstanding lawyer who always comports himself to the highest ethical standards.
I have known John for more than 15 years in the practice and he has always maintained the highest levels of professionalism and courtesy.
Email: [email protected]
John P. Thygerson is the founding member of the firm. Attorney Thygerson was admitted to practice before the Connecticut State Bar in 1996, the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut in 2000, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in 2007.
Attorney Thygerson graduated, cum laude, from Fairfield University with a Bachelor of Arts degree with a double major of Philosophy and Political Science in 1992. He received a Juris Doctor degree from Yeshiva University’s Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in 1995, where he was a member of the criminal appeals clinic providing pro bono appellate representation to indigent defendants.
Early in his career, Attorney Thygerson and a colleague successfully defended, at trial, film legend Kirk Douglas’ son, Eric Douglas, on charges involving numerous felony offenses. As a trial attorney, he practices in Federal and State courts where he has represented thousands of clients faced with criminal charges including DUI/DWI, drug/narcotic, manslaughter, assault, weapons, larceny, burglary, youthful offender and juvenile offenses. He also represents minors in expulsion hearings brought by school boards following allegations of misconduct on school grounds. His areas of practice further include representing individuals in personal injury and general civil matters.
John Thygerson is recognized by his peers for exceptional ability and strict ethical standards (Rated Preeminent AV(r), the highest peer rating from Martindale-Hubbell(r))
Attorney Thygerson is currently a member of:
- The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- American Civil Liberties Union
- US Bill of Rights Foundation
- Institute For Liberty
- Connecticut Bar Association
- At the Law Offices of John P. Thygerson, LLC, we provide free consultation visits for all criminal defense clients. Call your Norwalk criminal defense attorney with more than 17 years of experience at 203.286.5690 or contact us online. You are just a click or call away from getting started with your defense. The Law Offices of John P. Thygerson, LLC is located in Norwalk Connecticut and serves clients throughout the State of Connecticut. The firm's practice involves the representation of individuals charged with criminal offenses in the Norwalk, Stamford, Bridgeport, Danbury, Milford, Meriden, Middletown, New Haven and Hartford Superior Courthouses as well as all District of Connecticut Federal Courthouses.